Apollo Hospitals Stock Update: Key Metrics and Performance as of May 14, 2024

Apollo Hospitals Enterprise's stock is trading at Rs 5,855.00, with a year-to-date return of 2.21% despite a minor dip. The company's market capitalization stands at Rs 83,852.34 crore, with a P/E ratio of 114.46, indicating a premium valuation.

author-image
Trim Correspondents
New Update
Apollo Hospitals Stock Update: Key Metrics and Performance as of May 14, 2024

Apollo Hospitals Stock Update: Key Metrics and Performance as of May 14, 2024

As of May 14, 2024, Apollo Hospitals Enterprise's stock is trading at Rs 5,855.00, a slight decrease of 0.01% compared to the previous closing price. The stock has been fluctuating within a range of Rs 5,879.95 to Rs 5,741.00. Despite the minor dip, Apollo Hospitals has delivered a year-to-date return of 2.21%, although its 5-day return stands at -3.74%.

Why this matters: The performance of Apollo Hospitals Enterprise's stock has significant implications for the Indian healthcare sector, as the company is a leadingintegrated healthcare provider with a vast network of hospitals, pharmacies, and diagnostic centers. As the healthcare landscape in India continues to evolve, the company's stock performance will be closely watched by investors and industry stakeholders alike.

The company's market capitalization currently stands at an impressive Rs 83,852.34 crore. Apollo Hospitals' price-to-earnings (P/E) ratio is 114.46, significantly higher than the sector P/E of 29.66. The trailing twelve months (TTM) P/E ratio is 103.89, indicating that investors are willing to pay a premium for the company's stock based on its earnings potential.

Apollo Hospitals Enterprise has garnered attention from analysts, with 23 initiating coverage on the stock. Among them, 5 analysts have given a strong buy rating, while 15 have recommended a buy. Only 2 analysts have issued a sell rating, suggesting a largely positive sentiment towards the company's prospects.

In terms of financial performance, Apollo Hospitals reported a net profit of Rs 245.30 crore in the last quarter. The company's listed peers include Max Healthcare Institute and Keystone Realtors, among others.

The shareholding pattern of Apollo Hospitals Enterprise reveals that promoters hold 29.33% of the company's shares, while the public holds the remaining 70.67%. Mutual funds have a 4.24% stake, and foreign institutional investors (FIIs) own a significant 45.63% as of March 31, 2024.

Apollo Hospitals Enterprise Limited is a leading integrated healthcare company based in India. The company operates a vast network of approximately 10,000 beds across 71 hospitals, 6,000 pharmacies, 200 clinics and diagnostic centers, and 150 telemedicine centers. Apollo Hospitals provides comprehensive hospital services and sells pharma and wellness products through its extensive healthcare infrastructure.

As Apollo Hospitals Enterprise continues to navigate the dynamic healthcare landscape in India, investors will closely monitor its stock performance, financial results, and strategic initiatives. With a strong market presence, a wide range of healthcare services, and positive analyst sentiment, Apollo Hospitals remains a key player in the Indian healthcare sector.

Key Takeaways

  • Apollo Hospitals' stock trades at Rs 5,855.00, down 0.01% from previous close.
  • Year-to-date return is 2.21%, but 5-day return is -3.74%.
  • Market capitalization stands at Rs 83,852.34 crore, with a P/E ratio of 114.46.
  • 23 analysts have initiated coverage, with 5 giving a strong buy rating and 15 recommending a buy.
  • Net profit in the last quarter was Rs 245.30 crore, with promoters holding 29.33% of shares.