Partly Sunny Skies and Chance of Storms Forecast for Boulder on May 14, 2024

The article reports on the weather forecast for Boulder, Colorado, specifically for May 14-18, 2024, with partly sunny skies, highs in the 70s, and a chance of rain and thunderstorms, according to the National Weather Service Denver/Boulder Weather Forecast Office. The forecast includes temperature, wind, and precipitation details, as well as current weather conditions, for the Boulder area." This description focuses on the primary topic of the weather forecast, the main entity being the National Weather Service, and the context of Boulder, Colorado. It also highlights the significant actions of the weather forecast and its implications for the area. The objective details provided will help an AI generate an accurate visual representation of the article's content, such as an image of a partly sunny sky with clouds, a temperature gauge, or a map of Boulder with weather icons.

author-image
Aqsa Younas Rana
New Update
Partly Sunny Skies and Chance of Storms Forecast for Boulder on May 14, 2024

Partly Sunny Skies and Chance of Storms Forecast for Boulder on May 14, 2024

Boulder, Colorado is expected to experience partly sunny skies with highs in the 70s and a 30% chance of rain and storms on May 14, 2024, according to the National Weather Service Denver/Boulder Weather Forecast Office. As of 8:45 AM on May 14, the temperature in Boulder was 63°F (17°C), feeling like 62°F, with partly cloudy conditions.

The forecast calls for a high temperature near 78°F, with a west northwest wind of 5 to 14 mph, gusting up to 26 mph. The chance of thunderstorms is mainly expected after 2 PM. Additional details indicate a slight chance of showers before 9 AM, then a slight chance of showers and thunderstorms between 9 AM and noon, followed by likely showers and possibly a thunderstorm after noon.

Looking ahead, May 15 is expected to see a high near 64°F with a 70% chance of precipitation. May 16 will be mostly sunny with a high near 71°F and a 20% chance of showers and thunderstorms after noon. May 17 will be sunny with a high near 80°F and a 10% chance of showers and thunderstorms after noon. Breezy conditions and a slight chance of showers and thunderstorms after noon are forecast for May 18, with a high near 80°F.

The current weather conditions, as of the latest update at 9:43 AM MDT on May 14, show a barometric pressure of 29.95 inHg (steady), humidity at 39.16%, and a dew point of 37°F (rising). Visibility is 10 miles, with the lowest temperature reading of 55.4°F recorded at 4:55 AM and the highest temperature of 62.6°F at 1:15 AM.

The National Weather Service Denver/Boulder Weather Forecast Office, located at 325 Broadway, Boulder, CO 80305-3328, can be contacted at 303-494-3210 for a recording or 303-494-4221 for comments or questions. The weather report is valid for zip codes 80301, 80302, 80303, 80304, 80305, 80306, 80307, 80308, 80309, 80310, 80314, 80321, 80322, 80323, 80328, and 80329.

Key Takeaways

  • May 14: Partly sunny, high 78°F, 30% chance of rain and storms.
  • Thunderstorms likely after 2 PM, gusty winds up to 26 mph.
  • May 15: High 64°F, 70% chance of precipitation.
  • May 16-18: Gradually clearing, highs 71-80°F, scattered showers.
  • Current conditions: 63°F, partly cloudy, 39% humidity.